Tuesday, August 12, 2014

351:365


Shirt by ??, bermuda shorts by Honolulu Wahine, wedges by Guess.

I'm not totally in love with this outfit, but it was really hot, I was working and wanted to stay cool!



On a more serious note, hearing about Robin Williams today was so devastating beyond words. He was an actor so dedicated to his roles, captivating millions with his every breath, making them laugh with just one flinch of a facial muscle and could perform a comedic act impromptu during an interview with Barbara Walters. He was a class act. I wonder if he truly knew the joy he brought to so many people. I wonder if he knew he was on this earth for a purpose bigger than just living.

I'm saddened to think that he had been going through such turmoil for so long - to eventually reach the point of dried up hope left as shriveled dust in his own hands. To think that this joy-giver, this bold comedian, this actor with a gift others only dreamt of attaining could go on no longer leaves me speechless and devastated. He had more life to live. He had more legacy to leave. He was not finished as he let himself believe.

We are constantly in a battle with ourselves. To love ourselves can become the greatest feat. We are imperfect beings and part of loving ourselves is to accept that we are not perfect, accept that we will always be changing and growing and accept that no challenge is too great to face. More importantly no challenge is too great to face with others by your side. Everyone goes through struggles - some trivial, some earth-shattering - I've been on both sides, and regardless it's crucial to lean on your friends, family, or counselors/psychologists for help. 

If life is too hard to face, then let God face it for you. We are not meant to carry the burdens of this world. Haven't heard of this God guy? It's OK. I'm sure there's someone you know who would be happy to fill you in. God is real, God wants to know your struggles, and wants to carry those burdens for you.

I don't mean to get sappy, but I kind of do...This is all happening too frequently and something needs to be done about it. So the least I can do is let others in on my secret to finding peace with my own short-comings and imperfections. 

I also firmly believe that everyone needs a counselor! We all have issues, we all have complexities we need to sort out and who better than an unbiased third party?! If you haven't gone to a counselor before, then I'm just impressed. You must really have things figured out. But seriously, just go. 

All this to say, no one is EVER alone. There will always be someone to talk to.

YOU ARE LOVED.

XOXO,

Jennica

PS~If you have been following this journey of mine and would like to come celebrate with me, please email me at Jennicouturefashion@gmail.com to let me know! I will add you to the invite and fill you in on details! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment