Wednesday, June 18, 2014

296:365

Chevron tank by Rumors, asymmetrical top by Soprano, jeans by Joe's jeans, wedges by DKNY. 

Tonight I had the opportunity to attend a concert at Mississippi Studios (AMAZING venue by the way...). There were three bands playing, and typically showing up for the first band isn't necessarily crucial in order to get your money's worth. The line up included Samsel & the Skirt, Penny & Sparrow, and Joseph, each of which were honest in lyrics and musically meticulous. 

To be honest, I was captured by every song, every harmony, every guitar strum. Though chattering could be heard throughout the audience to begin with, it slowly died down, each individual realizing the prior sacred moments missed. Watching and listening was not enough. Closing my eyes, I let the melodies saturate my skin, move through me, and breathe new life into my empty lungs.

This was a moment worth remembering, and a moment worth reliving again and again.

Rejuvenated,

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment