Monday, June 30, 2014

302:365

Scarf by Urban Outfitters, shirt by Billabong, shorts by Jolt, sandals (not pictured) by Cole Haan. 

As you can see from the picture, I got to be a kid again today! I'm attempting to play the role of Captain Hook in one of Disneyland's many gift shops after riding Pirates of the Caribbean. Let's just say you wouldn't want to run into me in a dark alley or amidst the waves on the ocean blue.

Walking into the park and hearing the theme song to the movie Up set the day off to a great start. As I stood in the park entrance after entering, no matter which direction I looked, it was picturesque. With the Disney castle straight ahead, magical shops on either side, and a Mary Poppins parade dancing and singing Spoon Full of Sugar, I was in a child's paradise.

We wasted no time getting to our first ride, The Matterhorn. But what we didn't realize while waiting in line was that The Matterhorn would single-handedly wreck us from head to toe. I'm pretty sure they don't have shocks installed on the individual carts, because by the end, I had self-diagnosed whip lash as well as a spine that was that was as straight as river. But that didn't stop us from continuing our adventure! Other rides we enjoyed were Splash Mountain, Tea Cups, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, and the Jungle Cruise. By the end of the day we were pretty wiped out so we wanted to do a couple low-key rides including Dumbo and the carousel. What made the carousel particularly amazing was seeing a monk dressed in his orange sarong and his son dressed alike, each riding a horse, while I waited in line for my turn. That made me very happy. All in all, it was a fairytale-fantastic day, and though I'm 31 years old, I too can embrace my inner child.
XOXO,

Jennica





No comments:

Post a Comment