Tuesday, April 8, 2014

226:365

Sweater by Free People, dress by H&M, belt by J.Crew, heels by Goffredo Fantini

According to the Adulthood scale: How Grown Up Are You? on good ol' Buzzfeed, I ranked 39 out of fifty, and received this explanation:

"You’re straight up GROWN. You’re independent, responsible, and mature, exactly as you should be. You know your way around a fun night and believe in having fun, but you don’t make other people clean up after you when you’re done. You’ve got life figured out, and everyone’s jealous. Congrats!"

Now if only that were all true!  Ha!  But I won't be taking this quiz to heart too much seeing as doing dishes, owning furniture and reading are to account for what determines so called "adulthood." However, year #31 is just around the corner and so the quiz has brought up a few things that I should really contemplate.

Though I was just told, aside from my epic fail of adult braces, I'm "straight up GROWN." Even so, I still don't quite feel like a grown up and I'm definitely convinced other people out there do! They always feel like a grown up AND act like one too. All the time. 

Apparently it's time for me to step up to the plate. There are some things that just can't be pushed aside anymore.  It may be time to buck up and make an email signature. I know - you're thinking I'm crazy right? Well nothing says, "I'm an adult" like email signatures. But the doozey?  Or should I say snoozey?? I hit that snooze button like Oprah gives away cars. There's nothing like waking up to realize you can squeeze in a feeeeeeeeeeeew more minutes of sleep. Regardless, I would probably appreciate the extra time sipping coffee, actually doing my hair, and not leaving a tornado in my wake.

Should I be an adult? In some ways yes.  In some ways no. But just remember - stay classy. ;)

Jennica



No comments:

Post a Comment