Sunday, March 2, 2014

189:365

Tank by Staring at Stars, scarf by ??, jeans by Plastic By Gly, booties from Italy.

Stove top popcorn?  Check.  Tavola wine by Ponzi Vineyards?  Check.  Antenna strategically placed so that I get a clear picture for the oscars?  Check.  Fabric to make my kitties their own Oscars formal wear?  Check.  Sewing machine working properly?  Uncheck.

Yeah, about that....So I had this grandiose plan to copy one or two of the favorite Oscars dresses and do a quick photo shoot of the kitties hammin' it up for the camera for today's blog post.  As I began sewing the goods, the needle got stuck, bending just at the point.  Of course there are no spares, so the kitty formals will take a rain check.

#Firstworldproblems aside, Ain't no Oscars like the Oscars hosted by Ellen!  If anyone knows how to get Pharrell, Brad Pitt, and Merrill Streep laughing all the same time, she has the magic touch and Ellen's the girl for the job.  What made her magic touch a dead giveaway was when she pranced onto the stage in a fairy godmother getup.

Enough about Ellen, let's talk fashion!!  This year's Oscars brought a vast array of style, elegance, and swagger.  From Sandra Bullock in her Alexander McQueen navy, sophisticated gown, to Amy Adams in her navy, peplum dress by Gucci, both effortlessly wore their classic styles on the red carpet.  Just as glamorous?  Jennifer Lawrence in her red, strapless peplum gown.  Not as glamorous?  Tripping for the second time.  I have to say though, I feel a bit of relief in seeing her fall as this means these gorgeous women and men aren't perfect either!  Lastly, in simple elegance, Lupita Nyong'o wearing her Prada plunging neckline, pleated baby blue dress.  After watching a clip of her performance in 12 Years a Slave, and hearing her heart-felt speech, there is no one more deserving than her of that Academy Award.

As for the men, though Pharrell can pull off the bermuda shorts as a part of his suit and tie style, I have to say, I'm not sure he kept it classy enough this round.  And Jared Leto?  I can't say I saw his speech, but regardless, I was too distracted by his crazy hair!!  Cut the hair Jared, cut the hair.

Best speech? Matthew McConaughey.  "Someone to look up to, something to look forward to, and someone to chase."  I agree completely with his "...looking up to God." I also believe that family and friends are the most important gift we have, and I concur looking forward to my time with them.  Lastly, he says he needs someone to chase.  At first I thought he came across as if he were riding just a little high on his horse when he stated that the person he was chasing was him - ten years down the road.  After contemplating it a little longer, I connected it to always striving for the best and seeking to better yourself, no matter how high a mountain you've climbed.

Finally, to conclude the Oscars, 12 Years a Slave won Best Picture!  This is honestly the number one picture I want to see after watching the Oscars, though many others are a close second.  In summary, I absolutely loved the classic, old hollywood style, and the fabulous films being showcased.  And maybe next year, my kitties will get their formal gowns...

Glamorously yours,

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment