Friday, March 28, 2014

213:365

Burnout jacket by Free People, tee by Hurley, belt by Gap, jeans by Vince, booties by Trouve.

This week, I've had a lot of down time. The kind of down time so necessary that one becomes a zombie and zone out for no apparent reason and though one wants to be productive with the inner most part of her being, it's just. not. possible.

That being said, I've decided to work on eating clean - not 100% clean - gotta have my Oreo McFlurry every once and a while #guiltyascharged. But I've decided to take charge of my eating and not be a victim of my lack of self control.  Is it OK to slip every once and a while? Yes.  Is it Ok to slip all the time?  Yes - but you'll regret it, physically and mentally.  If you've been following my blog, you read about how women starting at the age of thirty lose muscle tone gradually over time.  So this week I more intentionally began my journey of weight lifting and hot yoga - a phenomenal combination.  I'm tellin' ya - if you haven't tried hot yoga - DO IT!!  In combination with that, I'm hoping that my healthy eating will pay off in the long run.

I did some grocery shopping to continue my "mostly" clean eating and my strategy when at the grocery store is to only shop around the perimeter of the store.  This is where perishables are stored, which also means you're getting the natural foods with no additives.  Even though the middle isles may have healthy foods, it's pretty amazing how long the ingredient list is, which most often includes sugar, high fructose corn syrup, random ingredients you can't pronounce, etc.

Think simple, and reduce high-fat foods like cheese, and cut down on sugar loading simply by having only one drink instead of two or none instead of one, or just saying no to the staff room goodies...

With the combo of simple foods, high intensity exercise (make sure you're lifting weights!), patience and determination, you body and mind will thank you!  Get your healthy habits started no, stay committed and you'll see results sooner than you think!

Think simple. Eat healthy. Exercise more.

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment