Sunday, March 23, 2014

208:365

Scarf from T.J.MAXX, tee by Imaginary Voyage, jeans by Anoname, flats by BCBG.

Tonight (Friday night) I was honored to see Hanneke CasselMike Block, and Christopher Lewis perform as a trio at the Tualatin Grange Hall.  Hearing their melodies and harmonies melt together into a rainbow of sound, and the Scottish jigs begging me to stand to my feet dancing freely, I had a smile from ear to ear watching their energy on stage.  Jokingly bantering with each other and never missing a beat within each song, they had a unique chemistry - a rare treat!

One of the last pieces they performed was It is Well With My Soul (follow the link to read the story behind the song).   In all honesty, it was the most beautiful and moving rendition of that piece I've ever heard.  People were so captured by it, there was even a moment after the last note was played where even in silence, the piece was echoing on.  I almost didn't want to clap to ruin the musical and emotional moment left hanging in the air.

This was just the musical medicine I needed to start off my spring break right.  Check out their music - you won't regret it!

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment