Monday, March 31, 2014

218:365


This morning, I walked into a staff development and was enthusiastically handed a ticket for some sort of raffle.  I have a love-hate relationship with raffles, mainly because I never win.  Then the moment I had been waiting for - the revealing of the raffle items!  Drum roll please................Chairs. That's right - chairs.  We didn't even get to keep them - if we won that is.  The raffle was to use chairs during our staff development so our a$$es didn't hurt.  It was kind of a joke since the reviews from our last staff development overwhelmingly requested 'less time on the benches'.  But only in a school district would this be the prize to not-so-enthusiastic teachers, just coming off Spring Break - what they thought for a split second was an early retirement.  Oh wait, we're Tier 3 - we'll be teaching until we're 90! Reeling it back in.  I have to say, I would be happy for my a$$ to hurt if I won a King Size Snickers, or a jar of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, or even one Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.  I even have a secret addiction to stove top popcorn.  I'm always in need of a bag of kernels.  Apparently I just revealed I'm a sucker for food...AND money.  I always love winning money.

All this to say - I now have a hate-hate relationship with raffles and will only participate in raffles involving for-profit businesses ;).

Venting said with love,

Jennica

Disclaimer - I'm thankful for my job, I like my school district, and did actually get a chuckle out of raffling off chairs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment