Tuesday, March 4, 2014

191:365

Vintage cropped sweater from my mama, jeans by Rock & Republic, leopard print heels by Kelly & Katie.


Happy Fat Tuesday!  What an awful name for a mildly celebrated holiday, depending on your neck of the woods.  If one didn't know the purpose/meaning behind the holiday, people might just run the other direction - fast.  My boyfriend attempted to run the other direction fast when he saw me bust out the feathered masks...Much to his chagrin, I got a selfie with him.  He strained to stance a game face, but I tickled him.  Selfies and tickling make for very blurry pictures I hear.

So my friend Ashleigh is actually from Louisiana, so she has an excuse to celebrate this silly holiday, but as you can see, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.  It's so fun!  You get to eat jambalaya, eat Kings Cake or attempt to make Polish Paczkis!  I made jambalaya and then attempted to make Paczkis - basically a jelly or baked apple filled doughnut...it isn't going well so far...and seeing as it's 9:45 pm...I'm thinking this may be a morning or evening gig for tomorrow.  Eating Paczkis a day after Fat Tuesday?  Who's keeping track?

Whether you participate in the season of Lent which comes after the amazing Fat Tuesday, or you try to use self-control in tempting areas of your life year round, self betterment is always a plus.  So you should do that.  However, all things, or most, go out the window on Fat Tuesday.  I'll let you know how these Paczkis work out when I'm celebrating Fat Wednesday tomorrow ; )

Cheers!!

Jennica

PS~Don't forget to check out yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment