Tuesday, March 25, 2014

212:365

Sweater by Michael Stars, leggings by B.P., boots by Loeffler Randall.

Goal of my outfit today?  To be cozy and presentable in public. My main accomplishment of the day was trying a new recipe using beets - which are known to be high in iron. I have an iron deficiency, so I've been attempting to find new ways to add iron into my diet. Hence me making a beet & blood orange salad tonight! Though my didn't look nearly as beautiful as hers, I'm sure it tasted the same. And not only was it my first time making this recipe, I'm sad to day that this was the first time I've ever made a vinaigrette from scratch, booya! Pretty sure I haven't used the term 'booya' since making a legit comeback against my brother in the fifth grade...

Not only did I make the salad and my first vinaigrette, but I also baked chicken, and here's how I did it.

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Place chicken breasts in a glass pan.
  3. Squeeze 2 halves of a lemon evenly over the chicken.
  4. Slice the peel off the second lemon and slice into rounds. Place evenly on top of the chicken.
  5. Add ground pepper, minced shallots and rosemary to taste.
  6. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
Voila! Take a bite into juicy, citrusy chicken!

Try both the recipes out if you're in the doom and gloom of the rain.  This will take you to a happy, sun-filled place!

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment