Thursday, January 2, 2014

130:365

Vest by Nike, Shirt by Bellamie, headband from JoAnn's Fabric, jeans by Joe's Jeans, boots by Loeffler Randall.

As you can see, my right hand, though super hard core, is injured. I can't say I'm stoked about it, and injuring one's self on vacation isn't recommended, but thought I would have a little fun with it anyway. Sooooo, I'm going to play two lies and a truth, and then you can guess how I actually hurt my hand...

1. While in Lake Tahoe, my friends and I were on the dock. While trying to take a group picture, my friend's camera was propped up and set on a self timer. Then then wind blew, the phone tipped over and proceeded to take a skydive into the water. Fortunately, the water was shallow, so I jumped in after it to try to save it. I didn't realize how shallow the water was, or that there was a rock right there...and dove into the rock with my hand, scraping it a few layers deep into my skin. I now have to wear a bandage for a while to let it heal, but after the phone was put in rice, it is now functional again.

2. After getting to the cabin, I was checking out the cupboards to see what supplies we had available to us and came across a legit set of glasses that could be used for many styles of fun drinks. We ended up using them that morning to sip on a mimosa and watch a little football. Later that afternoon, it was time to wash dishes and I was the lucky girl for the job. It was also time to wash the really cool glasses. With only a sponge available for dishwashing, I got to it. While scrubbing the inside of the 'special glasses' the edge broke, my hand was still twisting the sponge and I sliced my hand open. I then proceeded to almost pass out from the pain.

3. My friends and I were riding the gondola at Heavenly, enjoying the beautiful view of the vast expanse. About halfway up, I felt the gondola abruptly jerk, and unable to stabilize myself, I began to fall along with everyone else in my car. Since there was nothing to hold onto, I grasped what I could, which unfortunately was a pair of skis.  As I helped myself up, I looked to the skis and saw streaks of blood left behind on the freshly waxed skis. I ended up having a deep slice through the palm of my hand. Fortunately they had an emergency kit and got me temporarily bandaged up, before I was able to get to the emergency room. It turned out that one of the support runners broke and the car dropped 15 ft. Of course it was my gondola...

Now that my hand is cramping...it's hard to type while bandaged up like this (!!), it's your turn to guess which story is true...Share your opinion in the comments below or on my Facebook page and I will reveal the truth tomorrow ;)

With a perma-Baylor "sick 'em Bears" hand,

Jennica

PS-Don't forget to play catch up on previous blog posts!


2 comments: