Thursday, January 16, 2014

144:365

Denim jacket by J.Crew, scarf from T.J.MAXX, shirt by Xhiliration, jeans by Seven For All Mankind, shoes by Bronx.

I bought this jacket a LONG time ago, on sale of course, when I was shopping with my brother. My brother and I used to shop together as much as I did WWF....but regardless, we were shopping together and I came across this jacket on the sale rack. I liked it a lot but didn't know if I liked it THAT much. I didn't want to just buy it because it was on sale - done that a few too many times. So I relied on my brother's final stamp of approval. His advice was that he liked it because it was more or less timeless and would be in style for quite a while, therefore getting my use out of it. Was my bro right? Absolutely. I literally have probably had this jacket ten years, and I wear it enough to justify keeping it in my closet. Thanks for the nudge on that one bro!

Don't just buy something because it's on sale. Ask yourself if you'll wear it enough so that it will cost $1 per wear. Obviously there are special occasions/pieces, but you get the idea. That will help you stop and think how much you actually love it.

Sale or not, is it timeless? Will you wear it a lot?

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment