Monday, January 27, 2014

155:365

Top by Trouve, sweater by Matthews - New York, leggings by B.P., boots by Cole Haan.

After work I stopped by Target to get a tub for organizational purposes. All my tubs for organization are from there so they stack easily and all look the same (for my own OCD purposes). When I was checking out, the cashier with a surprised voice stated, "Wow you sure are getting out with the bare minimum!" At first I wasn't sure why it was such a big deal that I was leaving with only a measly tub. But then I realized that I'm pretty sure I've never made it out of Target with only one item. Talk about the easiest place for impulse buys galore! 

To say the least, it was an empowering moment walking out of Target, tub in hand, cash in my pocket. Before you go into a store, have a list. If you think you might want to stumble across something fun and unique, then set a budget for yourself. "OK, so I have $50 to spend on this list of items. If I come across anything fun, it needs to stay under $20." Obviously you can't do that every time, because you'd be broke very quickly. But nonetheless, process your intentions before entering a store. You'll spend less time in there, less money, and you'll have less stuff to manage!

Toodles,

Jennica

1 comment: