Friday, January 10, 2014

137:365


Jacket by Levi's, long sleeve shirt by OP, scarf by H&M, skirt by Will Smith, boots by Bronx.

I've always wanted an attempt at making hard cider and while visiting our friends Dave and Carisse many times, we had the opportunity to give their homemade hard cider a try. This is what gave DJ and I that extra little nudge to take the next step to go big or go home.

I inherited a cider press, and ideally, one day, I will go even bigger and make hard cider from scratch. But in the mean time, I had a chance to learn how to do it the cheaper way using organic apple juice. Thanks to Dave and Carisse, my boyfriend and I were able to learn the ropes and conjure up our first batch of hard cider!! I did most of the work - a.k.a. pouring a couple gallons of juice in the car boy, and then going back inside to sip wine with Carisse while the guys did the dirty work. Regardless, I still
take credit ;). We're hoping to bottle some up and keep the cycle going - saving money in the long run.

It's always fun to find activities to share with your significant other and this definitely makes the cut.

Cheers to a fun hands-on process and great friends!

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment