Wednesday, January 15, 2014

143:365

Vintage chevron sweater, jeans by Anoname, boots by Steve Madden.

In spirits of yesterday's post, today my motto was just do it. Thanks Nike for the inspiration...It more or less sums up Thomas Jefferson's words of wisdom (see yesterday's post). Today, anytime I was lacking in motivation, energy (perma low iron - ugh.), or avoiding the "ditch digging" tasks, I would tell myself to just do it. This may not be a novel thought to you, In fact it sounds kind of ridiculous...why do I need to tell myself to just do it?? But it seemed to work for me today. I think internal conversations are what makes us successful, creates more discipline and allows ourselves to listen in on how we really feel about certain things.  In relation to today's struggle, I thought about the fact that if I work my tail off now, I won't need to make excuses later. I ended up staying a little later at work to get a few extra things done, and when I got home, I didn't let myself get on the computer. Instead I went through my mail, cooked a pretty legit dinner, and the kitchen is all cleaned up! And now I will sleep at ease. I'm sure y'all have that all mastered ;).

Just do it.

Jennica

PS-Stay tuned for some items I'm making for the upcoming Portland Bridal Show this Saturday! Human Beauty will be featuring me as a designer- I'm thrilled to have this opportunity!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment