Wednesday, July 2, 2014

308:365

Tank by Nike, jeans by Rock & Republic, sandals by Rainbow.


Today was pretty chill - I ended up driving most of the way. DJ had done all the driving up until today so I took a turn. It was a beautiful drive and the van was pretty quiet as most kids couldn't keep their eyes open.

Reflecting on this trip, I'm humbled and thankful for what I have. I don't realize how good I have it until I'm face-to-face with those in need - their eyes wide, hands open. I also recognize that Portland has the same needs and I have the power to contribute to the betterment of those in need. Of the people that I came across, I realized that if I were to cross paths with many of the men and women that came through the food line at a grocery store, ball game, or on the street, it would not cross my mind that they might be in need. Which goes to show that we can't pass judgement or make assumptions about what people have been through or what their current struggles are.

We are all people. We all have feelings. And we need to treat each other that way.

Good night, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment