Monday, July 14, 2014

314:365

Jacket by Levis, tank by Wilster, jeans by Rock & Republic, boots by Bronx.

Yehaw! I had been awaiting the St. Paul Rodeo since summer began, though I have to admit it may have snuck up on me! No better way to celebrate the rodeo than booted up, cowgirl hat in place, with my girlfriends! The evening started standing shoulder-to-shoulder with random strangers, some of which were unknowingly taunting me with their oreo "McFlurry-esque" treats....  As we sat down, we had a clear view of the bucking broncos, the cute little calves that were confused why ropes were being wrapped around all four legs when they hadn't been mischievous, and a clown who wanted to show off his football throwing skills to the crowd - still not sure how that equated to "clowning around."

It was finally time for a break and some of us girls just couldn't resist our urge - me in particular... - to get our hands on a corn-dog, and an oreo McFlurry! Finding a corn-dog wasn't so challenging when attending the rodeo, and finding my sought-after dessert was a cake-walk as well. However, stepping up to the window and seeing a cartoon drawing of a foo-man-choo-faced cowboy riding an ice cream cone - a rainbow shooting out from behind - cones in each hand and an exaggerated tongue sticking out, reaching for a savory taste of the ice cream, I stood there in silence, reconsidering my choice of dessert. There may have even been a unicorn in the cartoon somewhere but all in all, there were so many things wrong with that picture and my dessert experience was almost pulled right out from under me - being skeptical of the mobile ice cream trailor.

In the end, I didn't go with my gut - or maybe I did?? - and got the oreo goodness, eating every last spoonful while watching the cowgirls round the barrels at lightning speeds and a mustang horse take a seat on its haunches in a custom horse car. It was an entertaining night to say the least, not short of belly-aching laughter, and much sympathy towards the poor bulls and horses and all they have to endure for a few hours of human entertainment.

Giddy-up!

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment