Thursday, July 17, 2014

318:365

Dress by Paper Crane, sandals by Groove.

Seeing as I've jumped into the wine industry with Stoller Winery, what better way to get acquainted with the wine industry than go wine tasting! It was a beautiful day and and I had one of my favorite people in the whole wide world - my mama - by my side. We ended up tasting at four different wineries; White Rose, DuPonte, Domaine Serene, and ended the day with some good ol' bubbly at Argyle.

Though I loved each winery for different reasons, I would say my favorite experience was Domaine Serene! Entering the property, there was a tuscany feel as I stepped onto the cobble stone walkway, viewing the stucco estate before me. The meticulous landscaping and the elegant style inside the tasting room left me wanting to stay for supper - and glass of wine of course! The wine was to die for - my favorite being their cuvee and syrah; both dark-fruited and sophisticated. After this wine tasting, I must say I have found myself leaning towards red wines, even in the summer. If you get a chance, make sure you take some time at Domain Serene for a tasting and a view.


DuPonte Garden Shop
The other winery that I thoroughly enjoyed was DuPonte. Right next door they have garden shop
where one can do an olive oil tasting as well. It's quite lovely - flower pots galore, lavender fresh in the air and darling gifts for the gardener at heart. Back to the winery, Mount Hood is straight ahead. With a slew of adirondack chairs, one can get comfortable and enjoy her wine and the view while she's at it.

All in all, a lovely day shared with a lovely person. 

And then I took a nap.

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment