Monday, July 28, 2014

335:365


For dinner tonight I made a Green Bean, Beet Salad and it was delicious. I've been needing to get a little more beets into my diet - so needed to come up with a new recipe. Here's what to do if you want to try it for yourself!

Ingredients:
  • 4 red beets
  • 1 package of green beans
  • 1/2 of a red onion
  • 15 or so cherries
  • 1 section of peeled ginger
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
Salad Directions:
  1. Peel and slice red beets into medallions
  2. Cut the ends off the green beans and then cut in half
  3. Cut red onion into thinly sliced, half circles (use less red onion if desired)
Dressing Directions: 
Disclaimer!! I just measured to taste so my measurements may not be exactly accurate.
  1. 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 
  2. 1/3 cup olive oil
  3. Grated ginger to taste (the more the merrier!)
  4. About 15 minced cherries 
  5. 1 tsp. of sugar
  6. Salt and pepper to taste
  7. Shake what yo' mama gave ya. No really, I literally shook what my mama gave me because she indeed gave me a glass dressing shaker. Thanks mom!
  8. Give it a taste and add a little here and there to get it just right.
Once you get your beets, beans and onions in the salad bowl (obviously!), pour in the dressing. I probably ended up using about half of my dressing with the salad.

After that, bon appetite! 

Jennica






No comments:

Post a Comment