Sunday, July 27, 2014

333:365

Hat by H&M, top by ________, jeans by Seven For All Mankind, shoes by Steve Madden.

Never a dull moment at the Washington County Fair! I could just sit and people watch for hours.... But first, let me justify why I'm wearing a beanie. If you read my 331:365 post two days ago, I was talking about how it's OK to wear a beanie on an overcast, cool day in the summer as long as you're strategic. Seeing as the cool weather was lingering and we were attending the fair in the evening, I was able to justify it. I definitely wouldn't encourage a thick, wool hat, but a thinner, more breathable material is just fine! Here was my attempt at the look with a little bit of a hipster twist. No sense wearing wedges to the fair, though I wouldn't put it past myself ;).


Our evening entailed random group dance breakouts, failed attempts at those stupid carnie games - not naming any names "ahemALEX," rock climbing, The Dairy Women of Oregon Leaning-Tower-of-Piza ice cream cones, and a sheep show where the goat was referred to as, "that other animal we don't speak of." Ummm what?! That doesn't even make sense - #farmerjokes. Then there was the awkward pictures sneakily captured of me standing alone outside of the reptile exhibit looking quite pathetic while everyone else enjoyed the creepy reptiles - though I was actually quite content being on the other side of the tent from the snakes, watching a magic show instead. Snakes and me don't mix...I tried, but then I saw a slithery, white snake and my spine literally became frosty with chills. That aside, all-in-all it was a great time, lots of laughs were had and memories were made.

XOXO

Jennica





No comments:

Post a Comment