Thursday, July 24, 2014

330:365

Romper by BCBG Maxazria, kicks by TOMS.

I needed to wear something chill and easy and this romper fit the bill. And of course, one can't go wrong with TOMS! Rompers can be a little bit tricky depending on the length of your torso. It's not like a dress where most of the time you're the same size. With rompers, brand and style matter. Because I have a longer torso, I tend to have to go one size up. My test for rompers when contemplating a purchase is reaching to the ceiling with both hands. For lack of a better description......if it gives you camel toe, you need to go a size up!! The whole point of wearing a romper is enjoying comfort and ease all day long. The above stated does not fit that description, if you catch my drift.

On the theme of rompers, I have a memorable story involving one. Embarrassing to say the least. One of my girlfriends and I were grabbing dinner downtown at Irving Street Kitchen (must go there if you haven't yet!) and I was wearing my brand new strapless, denim romper. I was so excited to find one that I loved and was thrilled to finally wear it out. Dinner was lovely, the ambiance reminded me of a farm house gone hipster and the weather was just right. 

Before heading out, as all women do, we headed to the restroom together - and men of the world, this phenomena will never be resolved or explained so let it rest :). Without going into too much detail, I said out loud, "Man, it would totally suck if this zipper broke because there's no hook at the top and I would be screwed!" To fill you in, the zipper was on the side of the romper, starting from my hip and going all the way up to the top. Bottom line? If the zipper broke, my romper would not stay up....

Then, when going to zip up the romper, the dreaded happened. It actually broke at the bottom somehow, making the zipper as useful as a bag of rocks. I take that back, I think a back of rocks might be more useful. I began to sweat and panic, envisioning being stuck in the bathroom until sundown, helpless and alone, half-dressed, waiting for safety pins or a whole new delivered outfit.

Fortunately, I was able to get the zipper itself to the top, which in turn held the romper up, and my friend graciously let me borrow her sweater to cover up my gaping open side. We then went from store front to store front, begging for safety pins, regular pins or the like to at least secure my then-worthless romper. Finally managing to track down a couple pins, we were able to make the romper last the rest of the evening as well as my modesty.

As I'm sure you can imagine, the next day, I made sure to get my money back, as a zipper should last more than one zip!

Moral of the story? Don't get a romper with a zipper.

XOXO,

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment