Monday, July 7, 2014

311:365

Tank and shoes by Nike, shorts by Xhilaration.

As I'm sure you are noticing I sported the workout clothes today, I thought I would also share my workout with you. Sometimes I just don't have time to get to the gym, but need to break a sweat. That's when I use a style of workout I learned at CrossFit - AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible). I love this style of workout because you are always competing against yourself to complete more rounds and you can get creative with the type of exercises you do.

In today's case, I decided to do what I call The Half Workout which includes the following:

  • 100 jumping jacks
  • 50 air squats
  • 25 pushups
Complete as many reps as possible over 20 minutes.

I'm sure you can figure out why I call it The Half Workout, and notice that this workout doesn't require any equipment, and uses minimal space! You can do this if you're on vacation, while you're waiting for dinner to cook, or in the morning before you hop in the shower. Obviously you can mix it up with your exercises as well. For example, I might do:

  • 100 burpees (Lord help me!!)
  • 50 lunges (25 each leg)
  • 25 tricep dips
Complete as many reps as possible over 20 minutes. (You can vary your time allotment obviously)

I then add about ten minutes of whatever abs I'm in the mood for, and VOILA! I've completed a 30 minute high-intensity workout, using only a minimal amount of space while sweating profusely...

Give it a shot!

Jennica




No comments:

Post a Comment