Tuesday, February 4, 2014

163:365

Blouse by Wilster, jeans by H&M, booties from Italy.

People have been asking for my stuffed mushroom recipe so I thought I would post my invented concoction. My cooking tends to be a little more haphazard and spontaneous, but when I come up with something on the high end of the nom-nom-nom scale, I might as well share it.  It will help me remember it too!

Ingredients
  • 18-20 mushrooms
  • 2 chicken apple sausages, sliced into rounds
  • 1/2 cup quinoi (more or less depending on preference)
  • 1/2 of an onion, diced
  • 2 peppers, diced
  • 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
  • 1 inch length of ginger
  • 1 container of goat cheese (or feta!)
Directions
  1. Saute onions with olive oil
  2. Add peppers, pressed garlic, pressed ginger, and sausage
  3. Saute ingredients until browned
  4. Add cooked quinoi and goat cheese (If you stop right here before adding the goat cheese, this is delicious too, and leave the mushrooms for another meal!)
  5. Mix thoroughly
  6. Break off stems of mushrooms and wash thoroughly
  7. If you diced your ingredients finely enough, then you can simply put them in the mushrooms. I used a Ninja to mince everything, and then placed a small dollop in each one.
  8. Spread evenly on a cookie tray and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. For the last few minutes turn the broiler on to add a crispy finish to the top.
  9. Let cool for 5 minutes
  10. Savor. Enjoy!
XOXO

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment