Sunday, February 9, 2014

168:365

Hat from World Market Cost Plus, hoodie by Billabong, vest by Nike, jeans by Armani Exchange, boots by Nike.

Today has been a great day for two reasons. One, DJ made me breakfast. What a man! Two, I mended six, yes six clothing items that have needed some sort of mending, and I'm not even going to admit how long they've been in the mending tub...But what I will admit is how long it took me to mend them. Fifteen minutes. Yes, fifteen minutes...It blows my mind that I have been withholding myself from wearing these clothes because I was avoiding fifteen minutes of mending. That means it took me less than three minutes per item. Which brings me to my own life lesson that I apparently need to take to heart!

Make a To Do list based on how long it will take to complete each task.

If I would have put mending (15 minutes) on a To Do list, I would have completed it months ago...It puts the task into perspective and allows one to get those crummy chores or line items done quickly. No longer is the focus on "Ugh, I don't want to do this" but the focus is then on, "Wow, this will only take me fifteen minutes."

Give it a shot. You won't regret it.

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment