Sunday, February 9, 2014

167:365

Hoodie by Nike, headwarmer from JoAnn's Fabric, leggings by B.P., boots by Aldo.

Today, Dj and I made the trek out into the snow! Seeing a blanket of snow stretching to the horizon, ducks, geese, and even seagulls huddled closely in the water, and footprints to show just how deep the snow was, it was a beautiful scene. It's easy to say when I'm not the one out driving in it! But I had to layer up for the chilly breeze and (at that point) the freezing rain. In weather like this, always make sure you have a pair of wool socks to keep you cozy, along with your favorite head warmer. When choosing winter coozies, I love to bring in accents of white - obviously not items that will get dirty easily but give the vibe of WINTER!

After playing in the snow, making tortilla soup, and watching some Olympic games, we decided it was time for yoga. And the kitties did too. I had no idea that my kitties knew how to do the downward dog or child's pose, but they've got good form. When we were doing leg stretches, Bella did her leg stretches too - I'm not kidding - and grabbed  ahold of my hand when I was reaching forward. Maybe she's found her calling...Then when I was doing a back stretch, arms reaching behind me, Taz thought that was an appropriate time to smell my armpit. Relaxing yoga? Not so much. Did I still feel good afterwards? Yes.

Wear white outside. Do yoga inside.

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment