Wednesday, February 19, 2014

178:365

Sweater by Forever 21, pants by BCBG, booties by Vince Camuto.

What if? The dreaded question that haunts our minds when we have too much time on our hands, allowing fantasies of the worst possible events to take place. What are we to do with that question? What power do we have over that question? What if we stopped asking ourselves what if? What if we were to allow the events, decisions already passed, and (insert your worry that's beyond your control here) be? What if we were to leave it alone?

If I were to be honest with myself, I find that I worry a lot. In fact anxiety and stress have been known to take over and high-jack my ribcage, tying my lungs in knots and causing my heart to double in speed. Knowing stress, worry and anxiety are common, I thought I'd share a few tips. 

Along with avoiding what if mind-bombs, I've found, though I don't do this often enough, doing yoga is so beneficial, allowing my mind and body to slow, my breathing to regulate, and my muscles to relax (except for in downward dog!!!). As my mind slows, it creates room for authentic thoughts to stand prevalent in the forefront of my mind, giving needed clarity. In the coming months, I hope to bring yoga into my regular schedule as a strategy to reduce stress, worry, and anxiety, as well as bring clarity into my life.

Also, pump the brakes on the caffeine! Though I have been drinking caffeinated coffee in the morning lately, I did take about a year off from the ol' caffeine and found it to helpful in warding off the vein-pumping stress and worry I was so used to. Maybe start by limiting your caffeine to just one cup, instead of the whole pot - you know who you are.... Then go to half-caff. for a little while, and finally replace it with decaf. Once I transitioned over to decaf, though I know it still has trace amounts of caffeine, I found myself not being trapped in a glass case of emotion between the hours of all day

In short, to limit your worry, stress, and anxiety, don't ask yourself what if?, do yoga, and pump the brakes on caffeine. I think you'll notice a difference.

XOXO,

Jennica 

No comments:

Post a Comment