Tuesday, December 3, 2013

100:365

Sweater by Sweater Project, belt from Italy, peep-toe flats by Bandolino.

So today was a no-makeup-throw-mouse-in-my-hair day. And you're seein' it right now in the pic. No shame. I may have been a little scary to my students today, but I got over that at 7:30 this morning. :)

I think it's pretty common to get in the routine of caking on the makeup. But sometimes our skin just needs a breather. That goes for our hair too! Man, the stress we put our hair through - such a shame. Curlers, flat irons, blow dryers, crimping iron (that was from about twenty years ago - but it was REALLY awesome twenty years ago...), they all put our hair through the ringer! So today, I went au natural. And I think you should too! We don't need to do this all the time, heaven forbid...My classroom management strategies may just work a little better when my hair is shooting in all directions and the bags under my eyes are the size of my cheek bones...but I've sorted out the pros and cons, and it's not worth it. But every once and a while? No problem. Your skin and hair will thank you. Mine did.

Go a day without makeup, or hot hair tools. See what happens.

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment