Sunday, December 8, 2013

104:365


Steamy steaming
Peplum top by Paper Crane, sweater (can't see it...) by Moth, coated skinnies by rick and skinny, heels by Baby Phat, jacket by Tracy Reece new york.

Yesterday, (yes I'm a day late with my blog - deal with it!) I wore the outfit to the left. I wore this outfit to a bridal photo shoot that I styled for Human Beauty Bridal. This has been a long time coming and lots of time, energy, and passion has been put into this shoot. We are so excited to see how the photos turn out from Haley Graham Photography and can't wait for the video by Leanne Miller!!!  They are so talented. I loved how interactive they were with the models, how thoughtful they were about their visions for the images, and how positive they were throughout the whole day.









When I first showed up, Courtney and Kendall had layed out some scrumptious chocolate covered fruit, nuts, and an array of beverages for the team. There were also two tables, one with all Kendall's beautiful work of jewelry, veils, and an array of other accessories. Stepping forward a few steps, Courtney was working away, getting our first model Katie, ready for her first look - to the right. From cover up to eyelashes, she had it all ready to doll up our beautiful models.

Meanwhile, I had the responsibility as part of my styling duties, of steaming each dress to ready them for finessed photos. But regular steaming is boring. Therefore I did steamy steaming. If you look at the image above, you will better understand the strategy behind steamy steaming. It's an art really. I had to practice. Come to think of it, I actually had a lot of time to practice at the shoot. Steaming wedding dresses may sound easy. It's not. It takes forever. Those dang wrinkles are as stubborn as a mule, and I had to keep refilling the water in the steamer. In the end it all worked out, and the dresses from Charlottes Weddings and More and Anna's Bridal turned out stunning - even more beautiful than we could have imagined!

Also, while picking up the dresses at Charlotte's, I saw a veil that I LOVED!!! Saw that it was $250, and thought to myself, I can make that. That's a dangerous thought people. These kinds of thoughts lead to actions and actions lead to late, late nights. Soooo, a hair piece, a necklace, and a veil later, it was midnight. To the left is a shot from my phone of Katie working it with my veil. :) I will post more detailed photos at a later date.

Cheers to a successful day, fun working with awesome and talented girls and a collaboration that turned out better than we could have imagined!!

XOXO,

Jennica






1 comment:

  1. Steamy steaming! LOL! I love it! You did great with that. And I hadn't seen any pictures (or looked in the mirror) of me in the veil... great job Jennica!

    ReplyDelete