Monday, December 2, 2013

99:365


Knit hat by August, shirt by OP, hoodie screen printed by Rendered Clothing, running pants and shoes by Nike. Sorry-not the best pic (quality or pose!!), but today there was no time for that! :)

Today was a work day, aka no students, so comfies it is!!

Recently I was given an opportunity to style a photo shoot, which is just around the corner (!!), and within that, I also get to make two necklaces for the shoot! This is more than exciting for me because it's a new venture, a new challenge, a unique way to explore my creative side.  It took Courtney and Kendall gently nudging and encouraging me with giant ear-to-ear smiles on their faces, in order to take on this part of the project. And I'm glad I did.

It's pretty typical that we are our own worst advocates and sometimes we need to look at ourselves through the lens of someone else. I had a difficult time seeing the possibilities and potential, but two other people saw in me something that I was blind to, and I'm thankful I listened and allowed possibilities to be explored.

As for the necklace itself, if I told you how I made it, I would have to kill you. But to let you in on a little secret, I made it very, very carefully.

Stay tuned for necklace No. 2 in the very near future!!

Cheers to possibilities explored. May you too, explore your own possibilities.

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment