Friday, December 13, 2013

110:365

Vest by Nike, sweater by Gap, jeans by Rock & Republic, shoes by Nike.

I have a lot of hair. All of that hair is after my hair stylist takes a razor to it. Oh man....

So all that hair made me think about my high school days. In high school, I had my hair cut by the same stylist as when I was a little kid. Small town folk don't mix things up too much...My hair stylist was approximately one length around the track away from my house and I typically walked there, unless the weather was horrific.

In high school, I started to get influenced by people around me and had a strong desire to play around with dying my hair. Since my mom was the one writing the check, that wasn't an option, seeing as it more than doubled the bill. My Mom always said, "People pay big bucks to get their hair to be your color." At that point in time, eye rolling was a big hit, and I'm pretty sure I was really good at it...sorry Mom. So that's when I would roll my eyes and say, OK, OK, I'll wait to dye my hair.

Well it wasn't too long after that, that people actually asked me how I got my hair that color! I told them that it was all thanks to my Mom and that it sure enough, was natural. So from then on, I never questioned my Mom's advice to wait to dye it until those dreaded gray hairs show up! So far, so good.

Listen to your mom. Moms know best.

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment