Sunday, December 22, 2013

119:365

Sweatshirt by J. Crew, tank by Roxy, sweats by Nike, loafers by Sanuk.

That's right, I'm wearing sweats...It's one of those days where I was just getting stuff done around my place and never made an appearance in any public places. Love those days...

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I would share about one of the gifts I received for Christmas from a student. He handed me two gifts stacked on top of each other; one in basic holiday wrapping paper, and the other wrapped in toilet paper. After opening the top gift, I was thrilled to find reindeer poop. Yes, reindeer poop. Quite delicious I must say. And crunchy too... It turns out that reindeer poop is a fancy name for chocolate covered toffee - my favorite...After recovering from my ecstatic state over reindeer poop, my student leaned in and quietly assured me, "You'll understand why the next gift is wrapped in toilet paper after you open it..." Perplexed as to why anything being wrapped in toilet paper would make sense, I cautiously proceeded.

After practically unraveling the roll...I came to find a book in my hands. But not just any book. It was a book that I imagined being showcased in Urban Outfitters, or some eclectic Portland shop featured on Portlandia. I first saw the cover image of a pair of feet in sleek green heels photographed from the side of a bathroom stall, and then read the title and began to laugh histerically - The Best Places to Pee: A guide to the funky and fabulous bathrooms of Portland. I then looked to the bottom of the book to find that none other than his mother, Kelly Melillo, wrote the book! From potty puns to fascinating facts, Kelly takes a twist on taking a 'roll' as Portland's tour guide. Below is the link to her book. Check it out, and pick it up for a perfect last minute gift for a friend or family member's coffee table!! Good luck wrapping up your last minute holiday errands!

Gotta go,

Jennica


Kelly Melillo


No comments:

Post a Comment