Tuesday, December 10, 2013

107:365

Scarf from T.J. MAXX, jacket by Lucy Love, jeans by Vince, booties from Italy.

If you haven't seen The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, pencil it in your calendar. Immediately. Direct orders. Doctor's orders in fact. I just had the pleasure of watching it and was on the edge of my seat The. Whole. Time!! I will not give anything away but I will say it's worth your time and money to see it in the theatre if you're into that type of movie.

I have to say, my favorite part about the movie, no spoiler alert necessary, was the fashion of course; women's AND men's! Every intricate detail was well thought out and executed from glamorous wigs to simple knits, every piece simply unique! I want to meet the brilliant minds behind the costume design, and thank them. Thank them for not staying inside the lines like they were taught in kindergarten, thank them for taking abundant risks, and for not turning back for one split second. I want to thank them from thinking in colors, and for listening to their grandmas and mothers who taught them to sew. Our eyes thank them.

Now go watch the movie.

Jennica



No comments:

Post a Comment