Saturday, November 2, 2013

69:365

Vest by Forever 21, scarf by Urban Outfitters, jeans by Joes Jeans, boots by Cole Haan.

I can't say I've made it in to Forever 21 in the last couple years and for some reason, after turning 30, it's becoming emotionally more and more difficult for obvious reasons. The store is also huge, clothes covering every surface of every wall, and the racks inches apart. It's stressful. It's like walking down the laundry detergent isle at the grocery store. You literally have 50 options of which detergent to use to clean your clothes! In the same way, Forever 21 gives too many options and it's a gamble whether or not the item/s you buy will last longer than a week.

Well I got lucky and this vest has lasted me 3 or 4 years. Since it is such a gamble, I would recommend Forever 21 when you want to grab something trendy that might come and go out of style so quickly it's out of style before the magazines even hit the shelves.


When it comes to classic items that you're going to wear frequently, I'm all for putting a little more $$ into them, like my boots. I wear these all the time, so they were worth every penny (even though I got them on sale of course!).


Other than my advice to spend less $$ on trendy clothing/jewelry/shoes, I bought this scarf at Urban Outfitters. It was on sale for $5.00. Every time I've gone in there, I've found awesome scarves on sale for cheap. So make sure to always check their sale section!!

Spend less on trends. Spend more on staples.

Jennica



No comments:

Post a Comment