Tuesday, November 12, 2013

79:365

 Top by Frenchi, slacks by BCBG Maxazria, heels by Cole Haan.

The Outfit.
Since it's November, don't worry, I'll wear a coat, or sweater or something! Today, I'm going for a classic look with the high-waisted plaid slacks, sophisticated necklace and heels. I love these pants because they're slim fit, but not quite skinnies - very comfortable. I will pair this with a blazer or cardigan as I'm heading out the door.

Thoughts.
During half time of the Blazer game yesterday, they did a segment honoring the Veterans and all of the service they have given to our country. They featured 3 people specifically, but one in particular really moved me. I can't remember the exact story, but this man, we'll call him Steve, lost both of his legs fighting for our country. He was determined to to do everything he could to get walking again, and be able to stand again, and live daily life again. He wanted to be able to stand when the rest of his troops came back from Afghanistan. Surely enough, he worked - blood, sweat and tears, and was the first one in line, standing, when they arrived home. And he stood before thousands of people last night, while those thousands of people gave him a standing ovation.

We have no idea what those men and women go through and I am so grateful for their courageous sacrifices in serving our country.

Thank you to all that serve our nation.

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment