Monday, November 4, 2013

71:365

Scarf by Gap, sweater by Two Apples, tank from Urban Outfitters, jeans by Paige, boots by Steve Madden.

There will always be nay-sayers.  No matter what you do, no matter what opinion you share.  Someone is going to think differently.  Someone is going to disagree.  Someone is going to doubt you.  I know I've shared this before - people asking how in the world I'm going to make it through this year.  Some people say it with sarcasm, and some with absolute doubt.

I started to reflect on how I'm actually going to make it through this year.  If I think about how may days I have left (294 days, but who's counting...), it would be nearly impossible.  That starts me down a deep, dark, rabbit hole of depression.  How am I going to think up that many things to write about? How am I actually going to wear that many different outfits??

Even if you don't have your blog that you're maintaining, you have something else important in your life that you're maintaining.  Kids, jobs, relationships, house projects, volunteering, saving money, paying off debt, fitness...If we think too far out and attempt to have control over anything that is too far away, we will never win. We will be controlled by that thing. Now I'm not saying don't plan ahead.

I'm just saying sometimes we need to look at our feet instead of attempt to see beyond the horizon.

One. Step. At. A. Time.

I know this whole 'one step at a time' thing isn't new news for most of you, but it's sure easy to forget about!  For my blog, I look one day ahead for writing inspiration, and plan my outfits one week out.  Every time I get back to Sunday, I've chipped away at another week! So for those of you wondering if I'm going to make it through my Project 365 - yes.  Yes I'm going to make it.  I'm going to make it with flying colors. And I'm going to have a Hay Day on August 25th!

As for you?  You're going to make it too.  _____________ is not going to control you. ______________ is going to be controlled by you.  You are going win.  You are going to reach your goal.  You are going to get 'er done and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

One. Step. At. A. Time.

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment