Friday, November 8, 2013

75:365



Shirt by Woodleigh,  jeans by H & M, boots by Loeffler Randall.

It's Friday!  Oh my gosh I never thought the day would come. I have to say, it was hard to get up this morning because it was such a tough loss to Stanford last night! Ugh. But today is a new day and I still love my Ducks.

Boots are a necessity and a girl's best friend.  My last pair of black boots I wore on the daily for over 2 years and they are practically beyond repair.  These are the replacements. They're black, they have a slight heel, and I love that they actually don't have any detail so I can accessorize any way I want!  Get prepared to see these All. The. Time.

But I never step foot out the door in a new pair of leather shoes/boots/heels without spraying them with water repellent spray first. It's important that you take time to take care of the clothes that you have so they last longer. If they're not worth it, they're not worth keeping. By spraying your leather shoes, it obviously protects your shoes from water damage, therefore allowing your shoes to have a longer life span.

The other thing about boots is there are so many styles out there and a lot of the styles are so specific.  When you're making a boot purchase, think mainstream. You want boots that will go with a lot of styles because they tend to be more expensive.  So it's not as easy to have as many options in your closet.

Two places that I've been successful finding boots inexpensively is online on eBay (New - I wouldn't trust used...), and DSW. Sometimes you can find great boots on their sale rack!  And on eBay, search the brand or even the exact style you want and they will give you tons of options of where to buy them, as well as you can sort by price from low to high!  That's how I found these boots this summer.  They were on the clearance of the clearance! A girl's got to love a good deal when she finds one ;).

Ladies, shop smart. Mainstream your boots. I still love my Ducks.

ATTENTION!
This is my month of recruiting for my First Friday Features, and I'm going to start fresh next month based on your recommendations!  So here's the scoop.
  1. You can't nominate yourself.
  2. You can nominate a friend based on two categories.  
  • Either they are super stylish
  • Or they have voiced that they need some direction in the fashion category. If they have voiced that they need direction in the fashion category, I will take them shopping (with their own money of course!), we'll document the event and I will give a recap when I feature them that month with a before and after!!
When you nominate someone, please answer the below questions and email to: jennicouturefashion@gmail.com 
  • What makes that person a good fit for First Friday Feature?
  • Tell me about who that person is (basic info including contact info) as well as what role has she/he played in your life?
  • Please include fun facts about that person and what makes her/him unique.
Let's have fun with this!!  I want to show off other people's fashion sense and help others who would like some tips and tricks.  Can't wait to hear from you!

Ciao Bellas!

Jennica








No comments:

Post a Comment