Sunday, November 10, 2013

77:365

Shirt by O.P., shrug is refashioned from sweater vest (details to come!), jeans by Vince, fur-lined suede booties by Michael Kors.

Today I am wearing a more basic, clean cut outfit, but I'm so excited to tell you about my shrug. Since I can't shop for 365 days, I clearly have been rethinking my wardrobe. Part of rethinking my wardrobe has been to watch lots and lots of Youtube videos on how to refashion clothes.  I have done a lot of it in the past, but it's interesting to see other people's ideas, creativity, and innovation.

Long story short, this shrug is actually an upside-down sweater vest, an idea I got from Youtube. It was one that my mom was getting rid of last summer, and it was right when I was in the kick of making sweater pillows. She then came to me with all her old sweaters she no longer wanted and washed her hands of them, with the good-hearted intentions of supporting my next craft craze. I didn't start digging into them until literally yesterday, after watching this Youtube video by Junky Styling.  I haven't actually done any sewing edits yet because I was so anxious to give this style a shot, but I've been scheming what I might do to it!!  So stay tuned for next time I wear it, because it may just look slightly more awesome.

I also just started my Fan Page on Facebook, so if you haven't liked it yet, go check it out and give me a shout out! I will eventually be using that as my main source of Jennicouture Fashion communication. Don't forget that now's the time to blast me an email at jennicouturefashion@gmail.com to nominate a friend to be my First Friday Feature, or drop hints to your friends that they should nominate you ;).

Ciao for now!

Jennica

PS-Sorry about the awkward face on the top left. No excuse. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment