Wednesday, November 6, 2013

73:365

Blazer by H & M, slacks by Level99, heels by Charles by Charles David.

The Look.
I call these my sailor pants.  And I call my tank by birthday suit top. I've always loved this look - the sailor pant look that is...It's very classic to me. These pants are extremely long - or I at least like to say that as opposed to admitting I just have really short legs, so I just cuffed them so I wouldn't have to pay to have them hemmed.  I'm cheap like that sometimes.

The Thoughts.
There's a time to be selfish and there's a time to be a servant. Yes, that's right.  I just told you it's OK to be selfish. Now I don't mean selfish like sneaking your significant other's bowl of popcorn when he/she isn't looking like I did the other day because that's just cruel. Or funny. Depends on if you're on the oblivious or receiving end of that one. But what I mean is there is a time to stand up for ourselves and advocate for our own needs. The bottom line is other than your mother, there's no one else that's going to advocate for you except for yourself. No offense to dads out there...There's no one that is going to make decisions for you.  There's no one that's going to speak up for you. There's no one that is going to make money for you. Well...in some cases there is, but there's no guarantee that that person is going to be around forever. We are our own advocate, we are our own voice, and only we can make our own best decisions.

Now, obviously that doesn't mean that you disregard other people in your life, because you absolutely need to take their needs into consideration too. And that's where being a servant comes in. Part of loving someone means putting them first, whether it's your kids, your spouse, and so on.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that choosing to be a servant to others is not natural for most people.

Which reminds me of this game called Shotgun. You know all about it and probably played it yesterday on your way to the grocery store. It's when you call shotgun, which means you get to have the front passenger seat. Well my brother and his friends came up with a game called "Servant." Instead of calling the front seat, you actually call the back seat, allowing someone else to have the front seat. If you're a competitive person, then there's still a selfish side to the game Servant because you still have to win no matter what it takes. If you can relate to the last sentence we're not judging you at all.

Be selfish. Be a Servant. Know the difference.

Jennica







The Look.
These pants are the perfect excuse to wear a set of lashes to work or school! With the wide leg and a fun top to match, it's time to get a little crazy with your eyes! Channel your inner Twiggy and rock a dramatic lash! Don't be scared, just have fun, add some flirt to your look and wear them with confidence.

XOXO

Courtney






No comments:

Post a Comment