Wednesday, September 4, 2013

10:365

Shirt by Truth, pencil skirt by Papaya, belt by Gap, heels by Preview, necklace from T.J.MAXX.

Today, I'm going for the sophisticated look.  The pencil skirt will never, I repeat, never go out of style.  It's classy, sassy, and will stop traffic no matter who is wearing it.  Yes, YOU will stop traffic in a pencil skirt.  If you're reading this and you're a guy, you would stop traffic wearing a pencil skirt too, but for other reasons...

In other news, I watched Extreme Weight Loss.  What an inspiration to see someone loose over half of his body weight.  To be honest, if I were in his shoes, I'm not sure if I could do it.  One of the messages that I took away from the show was how we often focus on being really good at lots of things like our jobs, being the best husband or wife, being the best dad or mom, and yet we neglect our own basic needs.  Of course, all of the above are extremely important, only when we can also take care of ourselves.  We neglect maintaining healthy habits, we neglect seeking our own interests that bring us joy, and we neglect saying "no", when saying "no" means allowing ourselves to grow more into who we are and bring forth a better self.  In-turn, our jobs and our relationships thrive.

Eat healthy. Exercise. Be good at everything else.

Jennica

1 comment:

  1. Jennica you are hilarious. I love reading your blog, so glad you started it. Hope you are having a great week back to school. xoxo

    ReplyDelete