Tuesday, September 10, 2013

16:365


Dress by Rumors, sweater by Kersh, wedges by Guess, belt by B.P.

Other than my ridiculous smile in the pic to the left, I'm starting to get this solo photo shoot thing figured out finally.  It's a lot of work being behind the camera and in front of it at the same time! I'm not exactly sure how I haven't tripped and face-planted yet, running back and forth in heels.  It's quite the scene...

So as I've been starting to take pictures with a lighting kit, and editing the photos, I've been forced to pay close attention to my posture.  It's interesting (and makes sense really...) how you don't really notice your own posture unless you're staring it in the face. 

I remember taking a yoga class out in Newberg, OR one time, and my instructor talked about posture and the importance of it.  She explained that when she made the transformation to intentionally improve her posture, her whole outlook on life changed.  She was able to breathe more deeply, and she said that "It opened her chest to the sky."  It actually does open up one's lung cavities and improves the flow of oxygen.  I'm no scientist, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's probably good for one's health on many levels... 
                                                          



Walk tall and carry on,

Jennica

PS~I think my best facial expression is in the third pic on this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment