Thursday, September 26, 2013

32:365

Blouse by Ezra, jeans by Citizens of Humanity, patent wedge by Nine West.

I know what you're thinking.  Labor Day already happened.  Well guess what?  Today, rules don't apply.  And for that matter, I think there are very few rules that need to be followed when it comes to fashion.  If you love it, rock it.  If it's your favorite, but you haven't seen anyone wear something similar in a long time, sport it.  If there's a rule someone made up a really long time ago such as don't wear white after Labor Day, ignore it.

If it were pouring down rain, would I wear this outfit?  Absolutely not, but seeing as it's supposed to be sunny and beautiful tomorrow, I'm taking the risk.  I figure if it's dry, it's fine to wear white - even in the winter.  When I throw on a coat, I will probably wear an off-white, camel or beige colored jacket to contrast the white and tie in my shoes and gold jewelry.

Yesterday in our staff meeting, we talked about what studies are showing is the best way to encourage students, or just people in general.  In summary, studies have shown by praising one's efforts, as opposed to telling someone they're smart or good at something, it fosters continued effort, and confidence in attempting more strenuous tasks.

I can tell you that this study carried over into my own life, even later yesterday evening.  I went above and beyond to make a delectable meal of hazelnut-encrusted cod, sauteed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes for my boyfriend and myself.  Though it wasn't perfect, it turned out pretty good.  Throughout the meal, afterwards, and even when we talked on the phone later that night, he complimented me multiple times about how he appreciated me cooking and he really liked the meal.  Though I don't rely on his affirmation to determine if my efforts and food are good enough, it's satisfying to know that my efforts are appreciated, and I will probably be more likely to try cooking nicer meals and new recipes in the future.

Who's efforts can you compliment and encourage today?

 Jennica




No comments:

Post a Comment