Saturday, September 21, 2013

27:365

Oregon v-neck by Nike, leggings by B.P., boots by Report.

Oregon weather is a moving target.  Rainy, sunny, cloudy with a chance of meatballs.  We've got it all.  But us real Oregonians tough it out.  We don't carry umbrellas.  Umbrellas are for....w- uh never mind.  If you use an umbrella, we'll only judge you a little bit and maybe forget about it by the time next fall comes around.  Am I even wearing a hood today?  No.  Because I'm resilient.  My hair may fro to the size of Texas, but I will not sacrifice my Oregonian ego for a tamed mane.  I would be shunned by locals all over the Northwest if I stooped to that level.  I've been practicing my running skills in heels, flats, boots, and jumping over varying sized puddles to minimize my time spent outside in the rain.  Ain't no thang.  Ain't no thang.  Soaked = Die Hard.

As a die hard Oregonian, I must also pick my side of the state, University of Oregon or Oregon State.  Exhibit A to your left confirms the correct side of the state.  Ducks for life!  I thought I would share with you some interesting facts about our Oregon football team on this lovely day.

1. The Ducks football team was officially fielded in 1894.

2. In 2001, Joey Herrington led his team to the Ducks first 11-win season in Oregon history.  (I was a witness as a freshman!!)

3. In 2010, the Ducks were ranked No. 1 in the nation for the first time in the school's history with a Conference Record of 9-0.

4. Our new head coach, Mark Helfrich is our 32nd Oregon coach.







Now, I know that we don't actually have a game today, but I'm mentally preparing for next weekend, our first conference game against Cal on our home turf.


You can't tame the Duck pride, and don't forget, "It never rains in Autzen Statium!"


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment