Thursday, September 12, 2013

18:365

The stripe debate.  Can all women wear stripes?  I think so.  Does it depend on what type of stripe you wear?  Absolutely.  Though there has been debate out and about, suggesting to steer clear of horizontal stripes, a study was done at the University of York in the UK using the Helmholtz square  illusion, (according to TLC) proving that horizontal stripes actually slimmed down a figure, creating more of a 3D affect.

If you're shakin' in your boots contemplating stepping into horizontal stripes, or stripes at all, break yourself in easy with a scarf, a purse, or a chevron necklace.  Or just take your most honest girlfriend with you and try on stripes galore at your favorite shopping paradise.

After putting on this outfit, I feel like it might be a little bland.  I even thought of trying out a floral scarf with the stripes.  Or I might just throw on a statement necklace.  Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions...I'll keep you posted.




















In other news, I got to help my friend Rachel, by taking portfolio pics for her new modeling gig! We played around with the lighting and mixed up the outfits, but found that you can't go wrong with a classic white tee and a little red lipstick.  Below is a sneak peek from the shoot!

PS~Starting today, I get to help Mapel Boutique at the Portland Fashion Week 3 days in a row!!  It's basically my dream come true.  Stay tuned for street style from PFW and what I ended up wearing to the events ;)  Cheers, Jennica



Rachel Anderson





















No comments:

Post a Comment