Thursday, September 19, 2013

25:365



Dress by Trouve, heels by Cole Haan.

I love this dress.  I got it at the Nordstrom Sale and would wear it every day if that were allowed and widely accepted by fashion police across the nations...I love the modern and random conglomeration of prints, I love that the back of the dress doesn't have to try.  It can be black therefore balancing out the front of the dress.  I also love that it's a high-low dress, but not too high-low. AND I love that it's modest. Hard to find these days, people.

Let's talk about time.  Let's talk about Beyonce.  Let's talk about you and me.  This kind of reminds me of a song from the 90's...anyone??  ANYWAY...Beyonce has 24 hours in her day.  I have 24 hours in my day.  YOU have 24 hours in your day.  We all have 24 hours in a day.  No more, no less.  Somehow, our friend Beyonce over here has come up with a mischievous, master plan to rule the world by 25.  Setting our sights a bit low aren't we Beyonce?  But how does she do it??  We all have the same amount of time.  Yes, she may or may not have islands across the world named different colors, just like her first child, piled with money to the tops of palm trees, but she has managed to use her talent to become one of the most successful women of our time.

What can we do to maximize our time and increase our success? For starters, I could get my butt in bed on time, which cascades into getting up on time, which cascades into leaving early for work, events, etc.  That's a start.  What about wasted time.  Let's talk about our evenings.  I work out after work, figure out dinner, eat dinner, write my blog.  Then what?  Watch the news? No thank you.  You might as well hook up an IV of antidepressants while you're at it.  There's potentially (give or take) about 3 hours that are completely in your hands.  

Think of what you could do with 3 hours a day, 21 hours a week, 84 hours a month, 1,008 hours a year?  They say it only takes 10,000 hours to become a professional (insert amazing dream profession here).  Ten years later, move your booty over Beyonce, because there's a new gal in town.  Obviously, you'll have to squeeze in cleaning here and there, but you get the picture!  Time is yours.  Time is of the essence.  Time ticks on.

What are you doing with your time?

Jennica



Meet Sara.  She is not only gorgeous, but clearly has amazing style too.  It's not surprising because she's a local personal stylist.  I would love for her to help me shop!

Sara's red jacket is by BCBG.  She wasn't the only person wearing red.  As you can tell from previous street style posts, red is all the rave ladies and gentleman. Wearing a blazer with a basic or retro t-shirt is a great way to stay classy, but casual, and throw in a splash of leopard print and a pair of holy jeans and you've got yourself an outfit.

But can we just take a minute and talk about the guy in the back with an orange shirt, green shorts, and a white baseball hat....?

Thanks for sharing your perfected style Sara!

No comments:

Post a Comment