Thursday, September 5, 2013

11:365

Hat by Magid Hats, sleeveless sweater by random bargaining market shop in China, scarf by Shokay, leggings by B.P., boots by Trouve.

Yellow screams "life."  There's something about slipping on something the color yellow that makes my heart smile.  Though it's somewhat ridiculous to confess, it refills my internal energy in some mysterious way I can't quite describe.  It's the vitamin D that I'm missing ten months out of the year.  So on this cloudy, rainy day, I wear yellow.  I smile.  

I bought the striped infinity scarf in China this summer, from a company called Shokay.  The owner is a friend of my brother's and I had the opportunity to visit with her this summer and see her minimalist, modern showroom.  Long story short, all of her beautiful products, (sweaters, scarves, pillows, blankets, etc.) are woven or knitted from yak down and her company helps provide jobs for people in Tibetan communities in the Himalayas.  Check out the link above if you'd like to learn more about her story in helping Tibetan herders and her products. 


Almost Friday!

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment