Friday, September 20, 2013

26:365

 Shirt by nike, jeans by Rock & Republic, shoes by Nike.

Casual Friday!  Today I'm going sporty style (most every Friday) with one of my favorite pairs of kicks, my Nike Airs.  They are super comfortable and if I had any anxiety about life, slipping my feet in these bad boys makes me chillax times ten.  However, I'm not chillaxing about the fact that I look really short in these pictures and apparently I'm sticking my stomach out in all of them.  Oh well, I guess I better not quit my day job.

Speaking of my day job, the other day, I talked to my students about choice.  No matter what situation we might be in, we have choice.  We have a choice of how we will react, we have a choice about what we will and won't do, and we have a choice about our attitude in the process. If we are in a situation we're not happy about, we can either let ourselves be victims (Exhibit A - "I don't know what the word ____________ means.")  or be proactive.  They can either "wallow in their sorrow" and never know what that word means, or go look it up in a dictionary.  Now that may be a trivial example and my students absolutely hate it when I make them go look something up in a dictionary, but I talked to my students about how that victim/proactive mentality carries over into other areas of their lives.  It affects their approach getting into college, getting a job, making major life decisions.  Life is too short to dwell on our sorrows, though easy to do, and that's what counseling is for...So everyone just needs to go to a counselor, process (insert personal issue here) and be proactive about change and growth in your life.

Be proactive.

Jennica

Meet Maizy (left), and Jessica (right).  They came out to partake in Portland Fashion Week on Saturday and we had a blast.  Both Jessica and Maizy work at Mapel as well.

Maizy is wearing a tie-died-esque maxi dress with a plunge neck line.  This dress was flattering on her because of how the material draped and the cut on her waist line and emphasized her slim figure.  Her neutral heels are sexy and subtle to tie in nicely with the dress.  Loved it Maizy!

Jessica is going for the all black look, which will always be a classy and sassy look.  However, Jessica spiced things up with a fringe leather vest and a pair of leather sling-back heels.  Sexy as ever Jessica!

And that wraps up our Portland Fashion Week.  Thanks to all the ladies that participated in my street style.  I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment