Wednesday, September 11, 2013

17:365

 Dress by Ann Taylor, wedges by MIA

This dress is so comfortable I forget that I'm not in my PJ's anymore.  I'm realizing at the moment though that I'm pretty sure this dress is practically the same color as my skin.  Weird. Anyway, I think my favorite part about the dress, other than being comfortable is the hole in the back.  I wish I had a sweet tattoo in that exact spot on my back, but not really.

Sometimes I think this dress should be shorter.  Yes, different cuts are flattering on different people, but I think women can be trained via media, that shorter is better, showing more skin is better, tighter is better.  This can be true in some cases, but we also have to ask ourselves why do we want it shorter or tighter?  Who are we wearing our clothes for?  To get attention from guys?  To have our girlfriends compliment us?  To win?  


Honestly, I don't necessarily think this outfit wins.  But it's me.  It's me on a day where I want to be comfortable.  It's me on a day where apparently I want my dress to blend in with my skin tone...And it's me on a day when it's going to be practically 100 degrees outside.

Who are you dressing for?

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment