Friday, October 4, 2013

40:365


Welcome to our First Friday Feature!  Every first Friday of the month, I will be featuring someone new to learn more about who they are and their unique style.  Today, we'll kick it off with none other than the Superintendent of the Sherwood School District, Heather Cordie!  


Every year we have a back-to-school rally with all of our staff, and Heather always has an opportunity to share about her dreams and visions for the district.  This year, though her speech was fabulous, I was a little distracted by her more-fabulous shoes...She was wearing bright pink stilettos with metallic spikes on the heels.  That woman has style! 

In order to get to know her a little better, I asked her a few questions about herself and her wisdom on fashion. Check it out!

Where did you grow up?
Helix, Oregon  (20 miles north of Pendleton)

How long have you lived in Sherwood?
3 years

Do you have a fashion fetish?  What do you love about it?
I don't know if it's a fetish -- but I LOVE, LOVE shoes and handbags -- partly because no matter whether you are up, or down, those dreaded 5 lbs., the shoes and handbag ALWAYS look fabulous!!!

What's your favorite season for fashion?  Why?
I love the Fall/Winter fashion season because the opportunities to get creative with rich, deep colors, accessories and layers, are never-ending!

Is there a go-to brand that's a must have for you?
I don't really have a go-to brand, in general, though pants that are extra long are always difficult for me to find (I'm almost 6' tall) and CAbi always ROCKS the long pants.


What are the staple items you keep in your closet?
My go-to staple items include: a fabulous, black pencil skirt, classic slacks, versatile boots, a few scarves to add pops of color, heels that make me feel confident, a timeless neutral-colored blouse, and a blazer that matches (or compliments) all of the other pieces!


I've been incorporating "Rules to Live By" throughout my blog.  If you could give women (and men too) one piece of advice, what would it be?
Women -- forget about the size of the clothes -- find the styles that flatter your own, unique frame, and wear them with confidence and grace!  (i.e. don't succumb to the latest trends, if that means sacrificing a classy, appropriate look.)

Men -- whenever possible,  match your shoes with your belt, and only wear Hawaiian shirts on theme days (or on a tropical vacation)! 
Sweatshirt by J. Crew, jeans by Armani Exchange, shoes by Nike.

Thank you for sharing your style and words of wisdom Heather. You truly have class and are quite the fashionista!  I especially loved how you tied in plaid to your professional outfit today.  Love it!
 
Since it's Friday, I get to be a little more laid back and I was especially excited to wear my Sky Highs (Shoes)!  I swore I would never wear kicks with wedge heels, but these are the most comfortable shoes ever!  And for all you Duck Fans out there, don't worry, I haven't converted over to the dark side.  I just had to match my shoelaces.
 
Rest and relax this weekend!
 
Jennica 




No comments:

Post a Comment