Tuesday, October 29, 2013

65:365

Sweater by BCBG, jeans by Cello, heels by Report.

Longer sweaters are fabulous because you can wear them with anything. Skinny jeans, boot cut jeans, leggings. They're a catch-all for a quick outfit. The jeans I'm wearing are the jeans that I ruined, attempting to get a coffee stain out of them, but instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, I chose to keep them and force myself to make them work. Therefore, I had to wear a long sweater, to cover up the monstrous stain on my hip. It worked.  I bet you wouldn't even have noticed ;).


Compliments. I'm sure you've received a compliment or two, or five, or a million in your lifetime. But what I've noticed in giving compliments, especially to women, is that women have a really hard time accepting them. Is our self-esteem so low that even when someone is acknowledging something great about us, we can't believe that it's true. We look at the floor, we say "yeah right, whatever," we change the subject - anything to get the attention off ourselves. Heaven forbid the light be shone on a bright spot in our lives. Can you relate? Are you looking in the mirror right now? What do you see?  Because when I look at you, I see beauty. I see a twinkle in your eye. I see you. And that's the most gorgeous you I know.


Be confident. When complimented, look him/her in the eye and say, "Thank you" with a smile. Be you. Accept you.

Jennica 


2 comments: