Wednesday, October 16, 2013

52:365

Black top by Frenchi, pinstriped skirt by No Appt Necessary, belt by ??, heels by Preview International.

Alright folks, we're back in action.  Introducing What to Wear Wednesdays.  Courtney Rogers with Human Beauty and I are going to be partnering on Wednesdays, as well as a few other projects along the way ;), to assist you it getting a complete look head to toe.  I will be your stylist and she will cover the makeup and hair department (she's a pro!!).

Today, I am wearing a classic, high-waisted skirt with a basic black top.  I will let Courtney give her take on my outfit below, but I will leave you with some exciting news!  Today, I'm 1/7th of the way done with my Project 365!!!  I can't believe it.  I only have to do this six more times ;).  

Take it away Court!

Red lips on the runway


I love this sexy chic outfit Jennica is rocking!  It screams a bold statement lip. Maybe because it channels a modern Mad Men vibe, or just because it has enough of a sophisticated edge that it almost requires a statement.  I think wearing a red lip says "I'm confident, I am feminine and I am my own person". This is coming from the eternal nude lip woman, so I am challenging myself, too :)!!!  





Red lip swatches for skin tones

Some secrets on the red lip.  Find a red that compliments your skin tone. Remember on the color wheel, opposites attract, or compliment. Meaning that if you have blue to pink undertones to your skin then opt for cherry or a red pink, or an opaque red.  Avoid an orange red in this case.  If you have olive skin tones you will look ravishing in an orange based red. Darker skin tones compliment more of a maroon red like Armani's Rouge d'Armani #403. A classic red like Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon suits all skin tones and is opaque yet incredibly shiny.  Want to try a red lip, but not ready to invest in a higher end brand?  Go to your local drug store and grab a bold lip from Revlon.  Avoid the long wear lip options as they tend to look chalky, dull and flake off through the day.  A red lip looks good fresh.  It is more high maintenance than 'just gloss', but so worth it.  

Makeup/Hair by Human Beauty

A tip to making your lipstick last:  cover your lips with your foundation, add a matching lip liner onto the entire lip.  Dab on one coat of your lip color, then dab on your HD setting powder on top, add another coat of the lipstick, and voila, that lip is set for hours. 

Thanks for joining us for What to Wear Wednesday, and see you next week!

Ciao Bellas!

Jennica and Courtney

























No comments:

Post a Comment